Psychologist, Yoga Therapist, Kahuna Bodyworker & Reiki Practitioner
Her psychotherapeutic approach is predominantly based upon Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Within this framework Anita works with clients to tailor creative and solution focussed approaches for individual counselling. She utilises a range of therapeutic techniques with her clients and draws from a wide range of therapeutic modalities including Mindfulness; Acceptance and Commitment Therapy; Interpersonal Therapy; Narrative Therapy; Motivational Interviewing; Vocational Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and more.
She has a solid background in working with adult individuals facing life, work, relationship and financial challenges, and those struggling with issues related to depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Exploration of Sexual and/or Gender Identity/Diversity
- Peri-Natal and Post-Natal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Loss of focus or motivation
- Career and/or life dissatisfaction
- Relationship Issues (not couples counselling)
- Work Life Balance
- Career transition – retirement, return to work, career change
- Job seeking
- Burn out/ Feeling overwhelmed
Anita is down to earth and practical in her approach to healing. She is adept at holding space with compassion; and working with your strengths in order to support you to face life’s challenges, difficulties and limitations empowering you towards a greater satisfaction of life.
With a current Mental Health Care Plan from your GP, you may be eligible for a partial rebate on the cost of your counselling appointments. Other modalities listed (Yoga classes, Yoga therapy, Reiki and Massage) are not covered under Medicare and are available under Private billing/Self-referral only.
Anita does not provide letters or reports to be used for legal purposes.
- Psychologist (BPsych Hons)
- Yoga teacher (Level 1 with Yoga Australia)
- Yoga therapist (the use of individualised asana, meditation, Yogic philosophy and Ayurvedic nutrition practices to support personal well-being)
- Reiki practitioner (Level 2)
- Kahuna Massage & Bodywork (Level 4)